Andorran Driving License
When relocating to Andorra, your driving licence has to be exchanged to an Andorran driving license within 6 months.
For the exchange, the following documents are required:
1. Certificate of residence from your municipality
2. Medical certificate
3. Passport photo in color and white background
4. Original of the foreign driving license
The driving license is exchanged immediately for the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
For all other countries the authorities require additional documents:
1. Certificate of authentication issued by the Department responsible for issuing the foreign driving license
2. Certificate that explains which categories the driving license is valid for
Both these documents need to be certified with an international apostle (“The Hague Apostil”), otherwise they will not be accepted. If the text in the documents is not in Catalan, Spanish or French, then the applicant needs an authorized translation which has been legalized with an Apostil. These applicants then have to pass a practical driving test in Andorra.
In case an applicant cannot obtain the necessary documents from the home country, he would have to take a theoretical and practical driving test within the first two years of residence in Andorra.
The theoretical part of the driving test can be taken in English within the first 24 months, but thereafter only in Catalan.